Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking Forward to 2011

I just went back through my old posts looking for my 2010 resolutions. Turns out I never wrote them down! There's a cool website called dayzero.net that is for goal setting. It's really cool, but it's been down for several days. Here are some goals for 2011:

Graduate with my Master's Degree!!!!!
Play a spectacular graduate recital.
Go to Arkansas to visit Kimberlee.
Play a fabulous concert with Kimberlee.
Work on earning my Personal Progress award with Alexis.
Play all the Chopin etudes, spending a week on each one.
Play all the Debussy etudes, spending a week on each one.
Work on soloing over a jazz standard.
Read the New Testament cover to cover.
Plant 200 more bulbs in the yard.
Make some jam with the summer fruit (I've missed doing that!).
Sew a quilt.
Do 2,500 indexing records (this year I did 2,000!).
Attend the temple more.
Make more of an effort with my nieces and nephews.
Have a perfect visiting teaching record.

I love setting goals. I love being productive! I love a fresh new year. Next year is going to be GREAT!! A year from now I'll be graduated and I'll have more discretionary time (notice I didn't say free time). I want to spend more time working on playing jazz, but there are a few classical solos I'd like to wrap my hands around. Namely, Chopin's Barcarolle and Mompou's Variations on a Theme by Chopin. I want to get season tickets to the symphony next year, too. This year I feel too poor to buy them, even though I get the student price, and too pressed for time, too. Here's to a new year full of new possibilities! What are your New Year's Resolutions?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm working on Personal Progress with my daughter! I never got mine. I had one project left to do and the paperwork for another one that I had finished, but just never got it done. I think it's my mother's greatest disappointment.

    It's a lot more work now! I wish they'd let me just pick up where I left off. That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete