Tuesday, March 9, 2010

You Are Enough!

Events of today have left me feeling sad for my friends who are brooding musicians. I don't think that I am quite like that in personality. I think I am much more egotistical than these people who get depressed over music. I usually feel pretty good about things. But I have friends who don't. I have friends who look at their lives and feel like they haven't done enough. They don't play well enough, they haven't made enough recordings, they don't give enough performances, they will never "make it", etc. To which I must ask, WHEN ARE YOU EVER ENOUGH? Most of us will get a good 80 years to achieve what we want to achieve. We pretty much get to do whatever we want in our 80 years. If you didn't make enough recordings or sign with Naxos, then there must have been something else you wanted more than that, because you did something else instead. I understand that our circumstances are not all equal, our opportunities are varied, but still, priorities, people! If you're not happy where you are today, what are you doing to get yourself to where you want to be? And if you have done all you can do, sit back and realize, "I am enough!" I hope I can continue to act with purpose, achieving my goals. I hope I can be sympathetic to those friends of mine who will never be enough. I hope at some point they will realize that they are enough.

1 comment:

  1. Amen Tawna. Lets all remember how good we've got it.

    As far as ambitions, dreams etc., that's a hard one. Most of the musicians who amounted to grandeur left this life feeling they hadn't accomplished much. That's not the point. The point is, you were here. You breathed this air. You walked on this soil. Every life, no matter how small, changes the world.

    ReplyDelete