Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Short Bucket List

Awhile back Kim posted a list of 20 goals. Twenty seems like a nice achievable number. I consider myself tagged and present you with my list of 20 things I hope to accomplish in my life, in no particular order:

1. Finish my masters degree!

2. Become proficient in jazz improvisation. I'm still a novice in this area, but hope to become admirably proficient. I don't envision myself breaking new ground or making lots of money giving jazz concerts, but I would hope that at least I could become proficient.

3. Maintain my weight. I like my weight right now. I would like to maintain it forever.

4. Earn a DMA.

5. Become employed by a university as a music professor. I don't want to be a department head or deal with any of the headaches that involves, just a professor.

6. Work as a pianist for a symphony orchestra.

7. Make some more recordings. I have a really good idea for my next classical CD. It won't be too hard. I can't wait. But no, I'm not telling.

8. Go to Paris with Alexis. Wouldn't that be a fantastic mother-daughter trip? I've still never been.

9. Sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. The only trouble is, I'd have to live in the Salt Lake valley to accomplish this. The air there is terrible, and the inversion keeps the sun away for weeks at a time. Ick.

10. Break some new ground in my family history work. There are a few lines that I think I could make some serious progress on without too much work. All I need is time, you know?

This is harder than I thought it would be. I must be pretty contented. Stay tuned for 10 more next time.

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome. Keep 'em coming. How about recording a Jazz album??

    ReplyDelete