Sunday, May 2, 2010

#'s 11-20

Back to the "Bucket List." I am having a little trouble with my internet (I got a new "improved" wireless thingy, and it disconnected me before I could post this the other day, so I'll try again.

11. Use proceeds of music sales to create clean water facilities in 3rd world communities (11A: Create proceeds from music sales. lol)

12. Get nominated for a Grammy. I don't care so much about winning the ACTUAL Grammy, but I would love to make a recording that was significant enough to be nominated.

13. Re-establish my yoga muscles. I've been dreaming all year about the beautiful muscles I had last year when I was practicing yoga regularly. Being in school has conflicted with my yoga practice. I'll get to practice pretty regularly this summer, but after graduation, watch out!

14. Write a collection of arrangements for use in ballet class. I've been learning about form in my jazz class, and found a couple of forms that would be PERFECT for ballet class: the march (ragtime) and 32-bar popular song form. The best news is that much of that music is now becoming public domain. I hope to get a website going and self-publish.

15. Learn how to positively relate to all my children. It's a challenge, striking a balance between love and responsibility and discipline and learning.

16. This one is a fascination, rather than an all-out goal. Last week I heard Monte Alexander play a melodica, which is a relative to the accordion. He was fantastic! This week I've been listening to a group called "Hot Club of Detroit" (get it?). They have an accordion player, and the music is so fun! So I guess I'd like to get myself a melodica and fool around with it. I'll bet it would free me up to improvise, since I would view it as a toy rather than a legitimate instrument. Anything to get these ears working.

17. Play/Perform/Record all the works of Debussy. Pretty ironic that I haven't put any of them on my graduate recital, seeing as how I love his music so much. Yesterday I heard a friend of mine play the last piece from "Pour le piano." It was fabulous.

18. Move to Spain and study at the Marshall Academie. This is a goal that I should have done as a teenager, but now I'm not a teenager, and I don't know how it would ever work out, since Scott would need to have a job there. I wonder if there is a famous music school in Madrid? I guess he'd rather be in Madrid. Either is fine with me. I'd love to spend some extended time in Spain. I guess I'd better

19. Learn Spanish. (Not a lifetime dream, but necessary to accomplish #18)

20. Perform a concerto with an orchestra. I hope to be able to accomplish this in 2011. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. I love these Tawna. I hope I live long enough to see you accomplish every one on your list. I hope I'm able to help you in some way, even if it's just through encouragement and support. :-)

    ReplyDelete