Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Full Day Yesterday

Yesterday after practicing for 3 hours I did two papers for Pedagogy. For the first paper, I had to observe a first year student and describe some of the teaching technics I saw. I observed my long-time friend Juli Draney and she was fantastic! The second paper was an outline of a first lesson with a new student. My observations of Juli were so helpful that I ripped of a lot of her ideas for my first lesson outline. I was really impressed with the way Juli teaches technic. I was quite surprised to hear her lesson with a couple of students (siblings) who were on lesson 3 and they had yet to crack open their method books. I don't think I could teach that way, but it appears that she gives a tremendously thorough foundation in technic in those 3 weeks. I wish I could send all my students to her for technic, and then have them back and teach them the rest myself! I got an A on both of my papers!

Now, I get to go to church and come back and do my reading for Music Research which will prepare me to go do an Oral History interview tomorrow morning. Oh yeah, and 5 more pages of Theory! And practicing. Always practicing. Life is good. Maybe my Pedagogy grade will balance out my Theory grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment