Saturday, September 26, 2009

Practicing

Have you heard the theory that it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert at something? I wonder how many hours I have practiced the piano. I'm pretty sure I've put in 10,000 hours in my life so far, but I think I'll start really keeping track of the hours that I practice. It would be fun to know how many hours of practice I spent in this graduate degree. Yesterday I put in 4 hours. This morning I spent 3 hours. There will be more before the day is out. Wouldn't it be cool if there were an application I could put on this blog that would count the hours I practiced? It never seems to be enough, but if I could look at my accumulated hours and see that I had put in 30,000 hours so far, perhaps I could feel like I had done enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment