Friday, February 19, 2010

Back to the Bench

Well, it didn't go as well as I hoped, but that said, I did play beautifully. My nerves got the better of me and I had a little memory slip. Whatever. I didn't get chosen, but I don't feel really bad about it. I'll still have other opportunities. I just think I need to have more performing experience. I think if I can perform it again several times, I'll do just fine. I really am quite new back to this memorization bit. My goal is to play it 7 times WELL with my teacher, and then 7 times WELL in front of people, and then I'll go play for the conductor of the orchestra I'd like to play for. That would make for a successful experience.

I had several friends come to hear me, and they all were very complimentary and enthusiastic about my playing. I have some of the best friends ever. I'm a pretty lucky girl, to have all this support and encouragement.

Now I'm choosing repertoire. There are seven Toccatas by J.S. Bach, and I want to choose one of those to learn over the summer, along with several of the Goyescas by Granados, and a Chopin Etude. Which are your favorites? Send me a youtube link!

2 comments: