Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I May Have a Chance!

Today I got all the way through my concerto from memory without stopping, accompanied by my teacher!! He even let me play it up to speed, which is a HUGE compliment, since I've been playing at 1/2 tempo with the metronome for several weeks. I think I may have a chance at this thing! The preliminaries are in 2 weeks, followed the next week by the finals, in which they choose a bunch of people from all the instruments and singers to play concertos and arias with the Boise State University Symphony Orchestra. I feel great about my playing. It's been so much WORK, but it will be so worth it if I can play it with an orchestra. I've never played a concerto with an orchestra before. That would be a landmark achievement for me. I hope Dr. Purdy likes Rachmaninoff!

4 comments:

  1. That is fantastic - I am always in awe of those of you who dedicate your life to art!!! I never had that drive in me and was always so mediocre!!! But I have a great respect and admiration for those who whole-heartedly pursue artistic endeavors. Best of luck to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, was that comment totally lame????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a comment from a sister ginger! Any comment is a good comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love Rachmaninoff? I will be very surprised if you aren't one of the performers in BSU's Concerto/Aria night!

    ReplyDelete